Thursday, January 03, 2013

Radium Springs and Warm Springs













Radium Springs was magical!  Although the Spring was not full, the trees, the stonework, the Spanish moss, the fields, were stunning to me!  



Here we are at Warm Springs in the small museum watching a short film on Roosevelt's efforts to alleviate the suffering of polio victims.


The spring water was warm and it left your skin feeling so soft!  It would be neat to swim in it!  







My boys!


This was the coolest hallway of windows!


He's in the air!!!


At Franklin Delano Roosevelt's home, the boys did a scavenger hunt that the recreational department had put together for kids.  They enjoyed it!  


Warm Springs was definitely not a favorite but I'm glad we went----it was our final destination to complete our tour of the Seven Wonders of Georgia.  We are so thankful that we were able to see these beautiful places, here in our own state.  I used to think Georgia was some what of a dull state to live in, but I'm now convinced that we have the best of many worlds here, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to Okefenokee Swamp to the coastal islands....there is much to see here in our own state!  I'm looking forward to exploring with Steve and our boys over the years to come!  I'm keeping my eye on the weather forecast for those unusually warm days we will get throughout the winter so that we can plan our next day trip! :)

No comments: