Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shrimp boat cruise and last day...

We took a two hour shrimp boat cruise about an hour south of Savannah.  It was really cool!  I think this was the boys favorite part of the trip...





They drag the net for about 15 minutes and then reel it up and dump it on this big metal table.  Everyone gets to look at the catch and then everything but the shrimp is thrown back in.







I thought the flounders were the coolest thing!  Micah had a great time picking them up, it is really tricky!  They kind of suction themselves to the table.






The squid was super cool too!  We actually got to see it squirt ink!





There were lots of the snowy white egrets around, but never close enough for me to get a good look at them, or a good picture!  They were so pretty!





Our last day I had big plans for, but when it came down to it, I was too tired to do anything else!  We ended up just finding this nature walk through a marsh.  It was in an area where the marsh was transitioning from a salt water marsh to a fresh water marsh so that was pretty neat.




So cute!  I just noticed it looks like they are both in the air!





Oh, how I love these boys!



Thank you Lord for this wonderful time exploring your creation and spending time with my sons!  

No comments: