Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Family happenings...

The boys put together several puzzles while I laid on the couch...



And when Benjamin got up from his nap he tore them apart....  much to his big brothers dismay.  Update on weaning this little guy:  Well, it has been about a week since I stopped, although I've had to nurse him again three times since I quit to take care of soreness.  He very gladly took it up again for those few times.  At this point he seems to have nearly forgotten all about it.  I rock him to sleep now and he consents to that quite well.  Today he nuzzled into my chest, kind of like pretending he was eating me and smiling so big.  It was adorable.  He has gotten more snuggly and cuddly since I quit nursing.  I've found that to be a rewarding side effect!  As for how I'm doing with it, today I noted that while I was rocking him to sleep, I felt sad that I wasn't nursing him anymore but the tears didn't come as they did at first quite freely.  Altogether I remind myself that I'm quite thankful for 15 months of being able to breastfeed my little guy.  

No comments: