Sunday, May 02, 2010

Back home....

I got back from Virginia with the boys at about 9:45 on Friday night.  So glad to be home!  Micah had a hard time once we got home.  There were lots of tears.  I never want to forget how precious that time was though.  He asked me to read him the Bible.  He wanted verses that would comfort him.  I reminded him that he had just memorized some verses that would be of comfort.  He said, "Oh yeah!  Phillippians 4:11  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  And I reminded him of the other one, "Romans 8:28  All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose."

He asked me to write him another verse down so that when he felt sad he could look at it.  So I wrote down Psalm 106:1, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his love endures forever."  He read it over and over while we cuddled on the bed.  Finally we decided sleep would do him a lot of good and he went to bed at about 11:30.  In the morning he ran off to play saying, "I feel better now!!!"  I've not heard another thing about Mercy since then.  God is faithful to comfort those who seek him!

Here are some pictures that I took just a few minutes ago of my precious family:













No comments: