Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Already feeling better...

I called my sis and talked with her and I feel better.  She helped me to know that these feelings are normal and they will pass.  I also called Steve, after I was done bawling, and he has helped put some perspective on this.  While it might seem easy to my sister to have and care for a puppy, she is a totally different person than me. She can let dishes pile up!!!!!  A dish, a single dish mind you, on my counter SCREAMS to me "wash me....wash me now!"  While God is making me more tolerant of messes, and I am more patient than I used to be, and I let things go a little bit more than I used to, I'm still me and I will always be to some degree or another, a type A personality.  And that is okay.  One day I'll be ready for a dog.  But right now, I'm taking care of my boys, homeschooling them, keeping up with cleaning my house and doing laundry, etc. and that is enough for me.  My plate is full!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm a bit Type A myself....
Your plate is full, and you won't be able to enjoy the things on it if it starts spilling over the sides...you know yourself well...that is so important :o) Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest to make! I'm proud of you!
Now, get those dishes done AND go sit out in the yard with the kids today or head to the park! Swing on the swing yourself or go down a slide for good measure!

loves2spin said...

Bless your heart. A puppy is a big undertaking. Oh, my. And I am so sorry you have to feel so sad. Of course you will feel better soon, and the time will come when you will know you have the time and flexibility to care for a puppy long enough for it to turn into a dog and not be such a problem. The best dogs we've ever had have been border collies. It's ok to be upset. Just don't be upset about the fact that you are upset, if that makes any sense.