Thursday, August 09, 2012

Last but not least

I was going to write a post about what we are doing for school these days-but alas, our CF card needs to be replaced and I can't upload the pictures from it.  So I will finally finish documenting our trip to Indiana!  


Here is Samuel with our nephew-he really is!  Steve has a 30 year old nephew!  Steve is the youngest of five, with 4 older sisters, the oldest being old enough to be his mother!  Yes, when Steve's mom found out she was pregnant with Steve, she was very surprised!


It seems when we come to the lake house, there are always baby baths in the sink :)



My mother-in-law taught at a Charlotte Mason style school for years and years.  I'm so fortunate to have her to teach me how to teach my boys!  Here she is giving the boys a lesson in nature study and dry water color!



It was news to me on mixing the colors and using as little water as possible.  I learned a lot!  I'm excited to be more diligent on weekly nature walks!


We are so blessed to have a neighbor that lives next to the lake house that takes the kids out every year when we come on her boat.  There are just for fun rides and tubing.  






Steve thinks he is still young enough to tube.  I guess so!  I didn't tube this year though!  I seem to break more easily now :)


Even the drive home was beautiful!



We had a wonderful time!  Thank you to each member of the family for helping us unpack when we arrived, for helping us with the boys throughout the trip, who I'm sure picked up after the kids, and for helping us get out of the lake house!  We really appreciated it! We had a great time and Lord willing, we will see you again next year!

No comments: