Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Micah said....

Micah's older brother said harmlessly that books were "his life". Micah retorted, well "God is my life."

Last night when I was praying for the boys before they went to bed that God would send them out as missionaries because God says that "the harvest is ripe but the workers are few" and to "pray that God sends workers out into his harvest field." I prayed specifically for missionaries to Liberia because I know the need is so great and the harvest is ripe, the people are hurting so badly and killing themselves in their sin. After the prayer Micah said, "Mom, I am going to Liberia."

He has always told me that he is going to the place with "all the trash". Steve told me there is a lot of trash in Liberia....

It is with difficulty and sadness mixed with joy that I pray that my boys would be missionaries. I so want them to go out into the world and whole heartedly make disciples for Christ, but I will be so sad to see them go. I love them so much. I looked at my man and my boys at church the other day and my heart welled up with joy and thanksgiving at what God has given me. I don't deserve this family. I spit in God's face and defied all his commands for so many years and I still have a wandering heart. Yet God has blessed me and forgives me. I just can't believe it. God is so gracious and so good.

No comments: