Monday, August 17, 2009

Benjamin and babies...

5 nights ago he started sleeping through the night!!! He is 11 weeks old yesterday... It is really weird having him sleep through the night because I haven't really tried to "make" it happen. He has also started going 3 hours between feedings. And he is only feeding about 6 times a day---now granted each feeding takes a whole hour so I spend 6 hours out of every day nursing! It is so worth it though! I love being able to give him just what he needs! We have been dealing with thrush so I have to give him nystatin after each feeding and I clean off myself with vinegar water and put nystatin on me. I'm so thankful though that I caught the yeast early and so I've had virtually no pain with it. I know how painful it can be because I've had it before.

So basically here is his schedule---HIS schedule, not the one I've put him on :)

Feedings around 7ish, 10ish, 1ish, 4ish,7ish and 10ish. Some how he usually isn't feeding until between 10 and 11, done by midnight. But then he is sleeping now until 7 or this morning I had to wake him up at 10 minutes until 8 because I was so uncomfortable. Who knows how long he would have slept! I don't really want him to go any longer than 7 or 8 hours at night because I want to make sure he is getting enough and that I will keep making enough milk for him.

He is super sweet and cuddly. He has started to coo and make sweet little baby noises. Isaac said today as he was holding him and rocking him, "It doesn't seem real that we have a new baby brother." We are all in love with him! I just look at him and get so excited thinking about what he will be like as he grows. A new person to love and get to spend time with! I treasure each relationship that I have with my kids. I feel so very fortunate to have them to spend this life with. I love the now with them and I also look forward to the future with them. I picture them grown up and coming home for holidays and visits, sitting around the table, one day with wives and children. I can't wait!

Some people think we are so crazy or weird for having 4 children and still wanting more. I'm just so blessed by each one of them it would be crazy or weird to not want every blessing that I can get! Each child that we have is a unique creation of God, made in His image to reflect his glory---and we will get to know more of God through each one of them. God will use each one to bless us and refine us and grow us more and more into who he wants us to be.

They are so so so much work. I can't even imagine what life would be like with only one or two or none at all. TOTALLY different. But for me, it would be so void. I can definitely say with the psalmist, "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." (Psalm 127)

No comments: