Thursday, June 11, 2009

Night time...

Little man as I affectionately call him has been only waking once in the middle of the night to eat! For the last three nights I've fed him and put him down by about 10:30 and he doesn't wake again to eat until 2:30! Then I feed him until about 3:15 and then he doesn't wake again to eat until about 6:15/6:30ish. For those 2 longer stretches of sleep he has slept in his little bassinet in our room! This helps me to sleep better because when he was right next to me I was so nervous that I would knock a blanket over his head or something like that and so I was constantly waking up scared checking on him. When he wakes at 6ish to eat I go ahead and put him in bed with me and since my in-laws have been helping me with my other kids, I get to sleep a few more hours and not get up until between 8:30 and 9:00. Of course with lots of little interruptions from Andrew and Micah!

My in-laws won't be leaving until next Tuesday morning but I'm already thinking ahead to what the routine needs to be once they leave. I'm going to make a meal plan ahead of time and also come up with kind of a daily schedule. The kids need that I think. And I will need that!

Well, off to do some laundry-which there seems to be so much more laundry to do with our new addition!

No comments: