Saturday, March 14, 2009

I love my new shelves!



Here is the finished product from the project I started a few days ago! I absolutely LOVE these shelves! My long term goal is to have art prints on the low shelf that the kids can look at that are at their eye level, as well as books for the kids to read and maybe on the 2nd and/or 3rd shelf have some family pictures that I can interchange. For now, I had no problem filling the shelves up with books for the kids! Oh, and the boys found an empty birds nest so I put that on the top shelf for the boys to look at.

For those of you who don't know, I make these shelves from floor molding, it is perfect, it is about 3 inches deep and has a lip on the end to keep the books from falling off. And it is cheap! I get it cut to size (by my dear husband :) and than mount it on the wall (by my very dear husband :) with L shaped wall brackets.

No comments: