Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Last Vacation Pictures



  That little tiny dot in the middle is Jacob :)

Hermit Crabs were plentiful---made me think nostalgically about reading Pagoo to my boys when I was homeschooling.  It's a delightful story of a hermit crab.  I highly recommend it or any book by Holling C. Holling.


Visiting the Tybee island lighthouse despite the fact that stairs are prohibited with my pelvic injury.  One day I'll get better and won't have to worry about it.  



They waited for slow me at each little platform.


I felt very uneasy having all our little ones up that high.  We didn't stay long.

We actually ended up leaving Tybee on Friday instead of Saturday--home was calling.  But we squeezed in one hour of fishing on the pier before we left.  They rent poles and sell bait.  It was 15 for the hour including squid bait.

While the boys were on the pier we were in Tybee's marine center watching them feed baby alligators.  For 25 dollars we purchased a membership that allowed us to go in the marine center anytime during our week.  We went in three times and got a discount and one free ticket for our beach walk with the educator.  So we got our money's worth.

 We headed back in our separate cars (there was no way we could fit all our luggage in the mini-van.  We tried) and because I wasn't riding with Steve I could make some stops along the way home!  We stopped here alongside the marsh to discover hundreds of little crabs.  Once you got close they would run back into their homes so I didn't bother with trying to photograph them.

It was actually a jogging path.  So pretty!



Next---driving home!  We made great memories.  Thankful for this trip!

No comments: