Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fall happenings....


I took the boys to the Atlanta History Center for one of their homeschool workshops.  I was tremendously impressed and don't plan to attend anymore, but the boys had fun.  Their favorite thing to do was look through the peanut plants for peanuts!







These boys are so silly. I asked them to sit together and put their arms around each other for a picture.  As you can see, they didn't (Micah didn't) like this request!

I enjoy taking these two out from time to time.  It works out sometimes, when Steve is working from home, for me to put the babies down to nap, and then when my oldest gets home from school he plays with them until I get home.  I sort of have 3 groups of children, Isaac, my oldest, than Micah and Andrew at 7 and 9, then the babies, Benjamin and Samuel at 1 and 3.  And my different groups are each in their own stage and enjoy their own activities.  It's nice to be able to focus just on one "group" every once in a while!  I'm so thankful for each of them though!


Here, Samuel has learned to crawl up on the tall kitchen chairs.  I'm trying not to let him do this though because our kitchen table is "counter height", so a fall from these chairs isn't cool.



One Saturday we took the boys to the Environmental and Heritage Center for a class on Indian basket weaving and realized we were at the wrong location.  They were gracious and allowed us to take the boys back to play in their "water center".





Isaac got the opportunity to take an Irish penny whistle lesson from an Irishman who was over in the states for a few weeks.  Later we got to come to Mattie's concert and then listen to a traditional "Irish Session".  It was all super cool and the boys enjoyed it.





The only downside is we had to say goodbye and the session had only recently begun.  It was 11:30 though and we had a sitter at home with the babies!  



No comments: