Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sam-Sam is one!












We call Samuel a variety of names. Sam-Sam, Sam-I-am, Sam the bam, Sam-son, Sam-well.... He's quite the well-loved baby. If anyone says that if you have more than 2 or 3 children the subsequent children won't get enough attention obviously is misinformed. Samuel and Benjamin, our 4th and 5th sons, are loved and adored, not only by their parents, but also by 3 older brothers!

It is hard to believe a year has gone by-yet truly-the year has flown by. For me, a month is like an average person's week. Literally it will feel like a week has gone by and I realize an entire month is gone. Life is traveling at an accelerated speed and I find myself at times rocking Samuel a little longer, laying down on the floor and letting him crawl all over me at random times during the day when there are other things to be doing, trying to memorize the feel of his hands and arms around my legs when I'm cooking in the kitchen...because truly it is fleeting.

Ahhh, the delicate art of cherishing the moments, enjoying our children, loving all that God has given us, yet not being consumed by anything other than Christ. May we hold those that we love with an open hand........ yet let us keep that hand within our hearts.

No comments: