Tuesday, May 11, 2010

In memory of my step-mom...





My step-mother since I was 2 years old died in a car accident last Friday.  She has left behind my father and four children, Dan, Sarah, Erin and Sam.  Erin and Sam have down's syndrome and she was everything to them. Please pray for my family.  She was a doctor and had a huge heart for kids.  She adopted Sam because his mother was going to abort him when she found out he had downs syndrome.  Looking back I can see what a huge impact this made on me.  I wrote this in memory of her:




Your love for children inspired me to be a mother
The gaggle of kids that were always around 
inspired me to think big :)
Your heart for special kids 
opened my eyes to those considered in this world
of little value
Your willingness to adopt
and your obvious heart for life 
Made me too
Want to save every baby,
Adopt when given the chance,
And stand up for life
Thank you for the ways you inspired me.

Love, 

Abby



2 comments:

Daphne said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute.
If you need and help with the boys let me know.

Anonymous said...

Abby,
I had no idea!!! I am sorry to hear about this loss and will be in prayer for you and your family.