Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Things I want to remember...

A couple weeks ago I took the boys to the pool. Andrew doesn't know how to swim yet and it was really too cold for him to really want to get in. So he was just walking around the sides. I was sitting down about 5 yards from the pool reading a book. I kept my eye on Andrew though. Well, sure enough, he fell in and like a rock went under. I leaped up and ran and jumped in and pulled him out. He was crying and we sat down and I held him. He said, "you saved me. thank you for saving me." It was so sweet. He proceeded to tell his brothers that his mommy saved him and brought it up several more times that day.

The other day he told me "I love you to the finish." Meaning I love you to the finish line! Isn't that cute? I don't know where he came up with that.

Tonight Micah asked me to read him a poem. I just made one up about a mom with her boys that she loved so much and how precious they are. He told me at the end that I embarrassed him. Specifically the word "precious" I couldn't use. He is so funny.

Adoption: Steve and I stayed up till after 1 am writing emails to our congressmen and representatives. Steve also emailed all the major news organizations in Atlanta. CBS called today and want to meet with us Thursday to discuss our situation. !!!!! While I have been letting go of our adoption and giving it to God, and every time anxiety comes up I repeat I've given it to Jesus, I am simultaneously realizing that we need to do everything we can to get these kids home, rather than mope around waiting for a miracle. I prayed this morning that God would give us favor with the people that we contacted. Steve got a call back from one of our congressmen today as well as the call from CBS! I'm excited to see what God is going to do. It is His story. And he is a Master Storyteller!


No comments: