Friday, June 26, 2009

I love world maps!



I absolutely love the idea of traveling around the world and seeing all the beautiful and different cultures of people that God has made. Other countries and cultures fascinate me and maybe that is why I'm so crazy about globes, world maps, and anything geography related. I bought from Ikea a giant canvas world map about 3 months ago because I saw it and loved it so much! It was HUGE, probably 6 feet by 8 feet. The problem was, it was 200.00 dollars, the boys would have probably punched holes in it quite easily, and it was so big I didn't have a good place to put it. I LOVED it though, but had to return it for those reasons. But I had in mind to get something else when I could.
Well, we are probably going to study the eastern hemisphere this year for Isaac's schooling, using Sonlights Core 5 curriculum. I thought a large world map would come in handy and I had the perfect wall space for it in the kids playroom which is across from our school room. I found this map that is about 4 by 6 feet and is laminated for just 70.00. This was a much better price then the Ikea map and can't be damaged as easily. I love it!

No comments: