Monday, May 04, 2009

What's been going on at our house...

Well, April zoomed by and it is hard to believe it is May already! Time is going by so quickly as it always seems to, to me. Steve went to Colorado last week and weekend to a Wild at Heart Boot Camp weekend. He had a great time and we had a busy time at home. I took the boys to Chattanooga to go to the Aquarium and to the Creative Discovery Museum. We used Marriott points to stay at a hotel Wednesday night. It was really quite exhausting but I'm glad I did it. The boys had a wonderful time and I know it will be a few months before I can take them out on a big trip like that again.

While I sat in the hotel that night I started thinking of all the things I wanted to get done at home :) So when I got home Thursday afternoon I was quite motivated to start accomplishing things on my list. So Thursday evening and Friday all day were spent DECLUTTERING! I took about 6 trash bags full of toys to Goodwill...it felt so good! I can't really explain the peacefulness I feel in my house now.

The reality is my boys play mostly with Lego's, matchbox cars, and outside. All the other plastic toys or even wooden ones for that matter are unnecessary extras that make my life more difficult. And I truly think they make my kids lives more difficult too! I think they can have too many choices as well as make too big of messes with all their toys! So simplifying in the toy arena has been quite helpful.

Saturday I went to a big homeschool conference with the older boys. There was a program for them and Andrew stayed with his grandparents. It was an exhausting but very fun day. I controlled myself and only bought a few books and some more stories on CD for the kids. For Micah I will plan out his kindergarten curriculum using the books we have here at home-I have so many, and books are one thing that I don't think you can have too many of. :) As long as they are good living books!

By Sunday I was so tired I fell asleep during church 3 times! Oops! :) I was so ready for Steve to get home all day Sunday. He didn't get home until after midnight!

Sorry to not be getting any pictures up... I need to get them off the camera and into the computer and then I can post some!

No comments: