Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is it really so close?

20 days??? Wow-It feels so unreal that we are getting ready to have a baby! I guess because I'm so busy with everything else! We just finished up our typical school schedule last week, which is such a relief! This week while Steve is in Orlando we are having a "review" week where we will look over our nature journals, Bible timelines, geography books that the kids made, lapbooks, as well as watch the old Disney movie, Heidi, since we just finished reading the book (it was so good and the boys loved it), and I bought the old Disney movie, Pinocchio, which we read a long time ago in school but never watched the movie, so we will watch that too. We are going strawberry picking with some good friends on Tuesday and are having some other friends come over to play tomorrow-so I think we are going to have a full and fun week!

I feel like I need to start doing a bunch of baking and stuff like that before the baby is born. I still have a LOT of what I cooked like 6 weeks ago. Here is the bad thing about cooking things ahead and freezing them: I cannot remember to take the things out ahead of time to thaw them. So I've just not even been using them! Maybe that is good since that means they are still there for after the baby comes! But baked goods are easy for me because I just have to pull them out in the evening and put them on the counter and they are good to go in the morning. The dinner entrees seem to take like 2-3 days to thaw in the fridge!

Uggh, I've just been bad in general about making meals, cooking, preparing healthy veggies, etc., lately. When I get tired I just stop taking care of myself and my family well! I'm determined to go to Publix tomorrow to buy spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and carrots and make these throughout the week for me and the boys. That is the other thing-when Steve goes out of town-I don't cook as well for us. We will just eat like oatmeal for dinner-that kind of thing. But I'm really going to try and do better.

I feel very puffy and swollen, like my toes don't bend as they usually do and my legs fill stiff, like they are filled with extra fluid. I'm thinking that they must be! Wow-I can't imagine what it is going to be like to have this baby and not be pregnant anymore! I've been dealing with aches/pains from the pregnancy since December-and before that it was nausea! This pregnancy certainly hasn't been easy-but never have I wished I wasn't pregnant! It is SO SO worth it! I actually feel sad thinking about not being pregnant! It has been such a special time to feel a baby kicking inside of me, watching my belly grow, hearing the heart beat at the doctor's office... oh, how I hope God will bless us several more times in the years to come!

No comments: