Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sewing skirts!

I'm a novice seamstress with an antique sewing machine...

But I decided to move from simple baby blankets and burp clothes to my latest trend, skirts...


I sewed this skirt about a month ago and was so excited to show my sister Ginny that I propped up the camera and took some photos right away to email her.

I have wanted a few particular skirts and so far haven't found them at Goodwill.  Goodwill is the only place I've bought any skirts so far and have found quite a few!  I wanted a jean skirt so I decided to sew one myself.  It didn't turn out to be quite what I would have liked, nor is the color my favorite.  But I'm learning.  It was much easier to sew then the first one and I figure with each new thing I sew the easier things will be.  If anyone is interested, I'll take pictures of each step next time I sew a skirt and post it on my blog.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so jealous of your skirts! Awesome job!

Ginny said...

The jean skirt is super cute! You've got me thinking that I need to try this.

Melissa said...

Can you tell me where you got the pattern for the long skirt...??? THX!!!

Tanya Thomas said...

If you need help with a sewing project give me a hollar - I'd love to lend a hand. I've been sewing for years - made my own wedding dress! The rewards are fabulous.