Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feel like vomiting...

Steve left Liberia today. Somehow it feels like I left too. Him having been there doesn't just change things for him, it does for me too. Somehow him having been there and been with the children causes me to feel like I've been there and been with them as well. I did talk to them several times every day but I think it is more the reality of our unity in marriage. While I couldn't be there with him, I was there with him. Kind of hard to explain...

But my point is, the children are FAR more "real" to me now than they ever were. For the majority of these past 17 months I've gotten by because the children honestly weren't "real" to me. I only saw pictures of them, nothing more. Now everything is different and I feel like my heart is torn apart and a big part of it is an ocean and two continents away. I want my babies home. I don't care how hard it will be when they are here. I want them to come home. I feel my family is split apart and I won't be settled until we are all together.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Praying for you...and your girls...

D.

Dani said...

Oops...should have been children...praying for Gideon too;)