Thursday, December 04, 2008

Update...

I thought I had already posted that things got delayed again with the adoption. The last signature we need we haven't gotten. The man has refused to sign for whatever reason. So as soon as he signs things can proceed and we should have them home within weeks. So we just wait on the signature. Wait, wait, wait.

On another note, for those of you who do not know we are expecting another baby! Hence the baby countdown on my blog! I'm 14 weeks and popping out much earlier that normal! I guess that is a 7th pregnancy for you! We've had 3 healthy boys and 3 miscarriages and so far this pregnancy is going along well. I went to the midwife yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! We are very excited for a boy or a girl-we just want a healthy baby!

I realized yesterday that wow, I'm living my my childhood dreams! I have 3 children, I'm expecting another baby and am adopting three children from Africa! My dreams are really coming true!

Homeschooling is going well. I bought some great maps yesterday to aid in our continents study, we are focusing on Asia and particurlarly China right now. We read about "The Water People" Monday. They are Tai people that live in Southern China. Tuesday we read a wonderful story called "The empty pot" about a wonderful little honest Chinese child who gets to become emperor because of his honesty. Wednesday they learned about a little girl named Guo Shuang in the book "Children of the World". And today we are going to read "Tikki Tikki Tembo". In the next week or so we will go see the Chinese emperor exhibit at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. I'm so excited! There is also a Chinese cultural dance/singing performance later this month that I would love to take the boys to. It is kind of expensive so I don't know if it will happen!

I really love learning about other cultures. They facinate me.

Gotta go.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

Thanks for posting the update. I was about to start searching for your phone number to call you!!!

The Empty Pot is such a wonderful book! I havent read the others you posted about, but I plan to! Thanks for writing about them!!!

Love and Joy in Jesus,
Marietta

Dani said...

Congrats on the upcoming baby!! I had heard you were expecting, but didn't know if it was out yet. I'll be praying for you and the baby.