Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Our new bedroom furniture

This is our new bed that my parents generously gave us. I love it!
As I was praying about our new room this painting from Lifeway came to mind. It seems so appropriate to be right above our bed. It is a great reminder that Jesus has called us to a life of service and there is a cross for each of us that symbolizes that we must both die to ourselves while at the same time trusting in Christ's finished work on the cross on our behalf when we do fail. (happens more often than I'd like but I know that "he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"...Philippians chapter 1)
I was in Cost Plus World Market looking for side tables for our new bed and when I walked out they had this small square table on display on the sidewalk. Immediately I thought of that being a wonderful thing to get for me to have a place specifically for my quiet time with the Lord each day. And sure enough it has been perfect. I keep my bible and bible study aides there along with my journal. This too has been a really neat thing and blessing from God.

I still haven't found side tables that are high enough. I'm not sure why it is but our bed is about 32" high which means we need side tables that high. They are few and far between! I need them cheap so I'll keep checking in at the thrift stores!

No comments: