Monday, August 21, 2006

Everything wonderful....

Everything wonderful....

I just got back from meeting with a friend at Applebees. We met at 8:30 which is late for me! :) And I drove home at 10:30 with the music blasting and the windows down and just feeling alive and thinking I'm alive! I'm free! I'm a person. I get so bogged down with the daily grind of kids that I stop living! I stop enjoying my children! I was listening to the sweet song about being 15 just for a moment, and being 23 for just a moment, and being 33 for just a moment and so on, and how we just have 100 years to live! And our lives pass so quickly! I don't just want to survive these fleeting days with my precious 9 month old baby boy who is growing so quickly by the day, and my absolutely adorable 3 1/2 year old little boy who says the cutest things and makes the cutest faces, and my 7 year old little boy who is so full of love of learning and who is troubled in his heart and needs my love so much. I don't want to waste these days down the toilet while I wallow in depression and self pity because I don't have any freedom. I am free! Free to enjoy this life that God has given me. Free to love my husband and love my children and love most of all my God-my God who is so BIG and so amazing and so powerful that he can do ANYTHING. And he loves me. Me. Wow. And one day we will get to see him. And touch him. And fall into his arms and rest our head on his chest and his arms will wrap around our bodies and all of our senses will be blown away by the very presence of our Lord. I just can't wait.....for now I'll get a taste though, as I love my husband and go to sleep in his arms, and while I wrap my arms around my boys, and while I smell the aroma of fresh baked bread, and stop to take in the beauty of a flower, and look up at the sunset, and get lost in beautiful music as loud as I can stand it, and look across the table into the eyes of a precious sister in Christ, and one day maybe I'll get to wrap my arms around the little African child that I dream of adopting...yes God is good, he is good indeed.

1 comment:

Sara said...

God is great and he does love you, more than anyone else. Rest in Him and he will give you the joy you crave.